Friday, January 8, 2010

No daughter of mine...

I tried to reason with a 4 month old today. I told my daughter that under no circumstances is she to go and get pregnant at 16 and then have the aftermath taped for television.

I don't know what
is more disturbing. That I'm watching this show Teen Mom on MTV, no, taping this show so I don't miss it, or that I am talking like an adult to my 4 month old and telling her about the dangers of teen pregnancy. It scares the crap outta of me. The TV show does, not talking birds and bees to my daughter. I think I'll be able to handle that when the time comes.

The show follows 4 teenage girls. Each girl has a unique experience giving birth (at 16 y'all) and raising their children. One gives hers up for adoption, a loss so great I don't know how she had the strength to do it. The other 3 kept their babies and each has a different (ridiculous) family structure, not one I am envious of . Each freak me out differently and I am so glad I never had to go through what these girls are having to go through. Raising a baby at 30 is hard. Raising a baby at 16 makes me want to kick balls. And that ain't easy when you're holding a baby.

Of course, she didn't listen to word I said. She laughed, drooled and slapped her knee.


Laughing at my teen pregnancy speech

No comments:

Post a Comment