Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I miss bubble lips.

That is what Wilson lovingly refers to our baby girl as, bubble lips. She likes to make spit bubbles and drool from head to toe. She's a train of drool. "Hop on the Spit Train. Next stop, Toe Town." See, it drops from her mouth to her toes.

Anyway, I miss that little drool face right now as I sit at my desk daydreaming about taking a little nap with her and just watching her grow. Sometimes I feel like she is growing up too fast and I'm missing out on something, even though I see her everyday and just work 2 days a week. Today I had to greet the nanny since Wilson was out of town (he leaves for work later than I do). It was hard. Real hard. I didn't think it would be. I think it was because usually I head out before Elizabeth wakes up or sees me and this time she watched me walk out the front door. Waving goodbye and telling her I love her and blowing her kisses. I felt horrible as I got in the car. But she didn't blink an eye, she smiled and watched me and was so happy. Which I am so thankful for. She is good with other people, she is not a clingy baby, but she is still 4 months so she hasn't hit that stage yet.

But something inside me wanted her to be sad. To need me. Not that I want my baby crying and screaming and kicking the floor for Momma, just a little reach out, a little "maaaaa...wwaaaaa". Nothing. I will always want her to need me, and I will always be there for her.

I want to go home and see her smile.



I'm waiting for you Momma!!

No comments:

Post a Comment